6 large egg yolks, room temperature
6 egg whites, cold
475 gr, mascarpone cheese
1 cup, sugar
1 teaspoon, vanilla extract
10 – 15 Vicenzi lady finger cookies
2 cups of Eropa espresso coffee, room temperature
2 oz of coffee liqueur
Pinch of salt
- Make 2 cups of espresso and add the coffee liqueur. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks and the sugar until pale. Add the mascarpone cheese, and vanilla extract, and beat until blended. Set aside.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat on medium speed until stiff peaks are formed, about 5 minutes.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg and marscapone mixture.
- Dip the cookies in the coffee and place in a 9x5 pan. Pour half of the mascarpone cheese onto the cookies and spread evenly. Add a second layer of espresso dipped cookies and add the rest of the mascarpone cheese and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 hours or leave refrigerated over night.
- Garnish with cocoa powder before serving.